How about a dedicated essex group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
yes, i believe we will be allowed a campfire, but the guy has to check with the cupervisor before he gives it the final go ahead.

incidentally, he sounded like a really nice chap:)

there might be an oppertunity to paddle an open canoe around benfleet creek to see what wild food there may be, including a bit of sea fishing during the summer mounths.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
there might be an oppertunity to paddle an open canoe around benfleet creek to see what wild food there may be, including a bit of sea fishing during the summer mounths.

that would be fantastic too- i've always fancied a canoe but never knew where i could paddle one

Nathan
PaganWolf
ScottC
and i'm assuming Crazy Frog too , he's the one who found the venue!
john scrivy

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
I know of a few places were to paddle a canoe and may be able to practice bushcraft to, I've got the address of a shop in clacton were I got my open canoe from if you are interested.

Nucleus Watersports
204 Friton Road
Holland on sea
Clacton on sea
Essex
CO15 5SP

They sell sit on top kayaks, sit in kayaks, but I would recommend one of their open canoes which gives you the scope to all your gear used for bushcraft on the coast as well as inland waters like lakes, rivers and canals through out the UK.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
count me in for now. I get a bit tight for time, so may have to pull out if I can't free myself for whatever date is decided.

Nathan
PaganWolf
ScottC
john scrivy
shep

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I'm in too, dates dependant.

To be honest, it will probably awkward for me up until December time.

Anyone for pre-Xmas meet maybe?

Nathan
PaganWolf
ScottC
john scrivy
AndyW

Cheers though, excellent result being able to get somewhere local.

Andy

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
so, a definite list then :

Nathan
PaganWolf
ScottC

as to dates- i'm busy the weekend of the 4th of november, the weekend of the 17th to the 20th of october and the 12th of december, i should be able to do any others:)

12th december ok for me at the moment!

Richie O

Jan 10, 2007
Harold Wood, Essex
I too am interested!!
The weekend of the 12th is my weekend off aswell :)

Nathan
PaganWolf
ScottC
john scrivy
AndyW
Richie O

I work as a ranger for Hainault Forest Country Park (We can't use the forest, i've already asked! :rolleyes: ) so if you think that that might sway the rangers decision then let me know and i'll call him for a chat! :)

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
i can't do the 12th of december- weekend before or after is good for me, any weeke34nd except for the 12th, the 8th of novemeber of this weekend i can do.

maybe the first weekend in december?

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
1st weekend of December (6/7th) is probably out for me as is 12th. 20/21st is possible.
In November I'm free 8/9th or 15/16th

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Oh B***er! missed it, that'll teach me to have a birthday party for me daughter!
Bear me in mind if someone drops out or for next time!

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
1st weekend of December (6/7th) is probably out for me as is 12th. 20/21st is possible.
In November I'm free 8/9th or 15/16th

sorry Shep but it looks like you just missd out on the list- the ranger really didn't think it would be practical with more than 7 of us, i'm hoping to organise another meet in the new year- maybe january or february time, and i'll put you and mikee down first on the list for that one.

sorry about that

Nathan

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
right then- 14th 15th and 16th of november it is then, i'll send pms to people, let me know if you need help wioth traqnsport etc.and i can sort out some info.

worth mentioning that the park gates shut at 5, so anyone driving right up might need to think about getting there early or parking elsewhere.

Nathan

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
sorry Shep but it looks like you just missd out on the list- the ranger really didn't think it would be practical with more than 7 of us, i'm hoping to organise another meet in the new year- maybe january or february time, and i'll put you and mikee down first on the list for that one.

sorry about that

Nathan
Eh?
In post 25 I was the 5th name on the list. I think I got deleted.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
you're right Shep- my sincerer apologies i hadn't noticed that, i'll forard you the pm with details etc.
Really sorry Richie O but i'm afraid we've filled up :(

will put you on tje list for the next one.

sorry for not noticing it guys

Nathan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE