hook length carry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ian_glover

Nov 29, 2010
Derbyshire
evening all,

after sorting my fishing tackle out earlier, i was thinking about carrying a hook length to use
for survival.
what ideas can i try for carrying a hook length so its safe(so it doesnt stab me).

ive done a search with no luck.

thanks in advance.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Not sure what you mean - are you talking about a length of fishing line with a hook on the end? If so, stick the hook in a cork & wind the line around it

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I keep mine in small seal bags, same as they sell in fishing tackle shops. If they get wet, they'll rust and usually from the point first-blunting the hook. The bag keeps them dry and pretty straight.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
If you cant tie your own, why not buy a packet of pretied hooks from the tackle shop, you get about ten in a pack all tied up and ready to go

http://www.simplyfishingtackle.co.uk/hooks-pretied-hooks-c-50_51_136.html

no affiliation to the shop, was just the first one that came up on Google, personally i pretie all my hooks and keep them in a Sensas hook box, but there again, i also used to do a lot of competition fishing where time was of the essence, i used to think nothing of having 200-300 pretied hooks with me at any one time, in sizes from a 26 to a 10 and on line from 8oz to 8lb

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE