Home needed for Malamute/Husky cross

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
18 months old currently in York. No issues, just the owner has decided the dog is too big (!)

I've heard about this via a friend (who has a very large dog herself). If someone is interested, I can put them in touch.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
We got an Alsatian / Malamute cross, who was with owners in a flat on the second storey :), they'd changed jobs and both were working offshore and other family members were not willing to look after the dog while they were away for a few months. He's big enough to snaffle food off the kitchen table just by walking up to it :) He's a lovely dog and can be quite vocal, not a bark but a singing awoo woo woo. High prey drive so is quite keen on running off if he spots a rabbit.

Sorry bit of a useless post really, as I can't take him/her on, just saying they are lovely dogs

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
It seems the owner who suddenly decided the dog was too big gave the dog away. The rescue organisation are hoping it went to someone who can handle it properly but don't sound very happy about it. Dogs of that size need proper care and raising.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
No, you don't sound like a dick.

I do feel cross with people who do this. It's a malmute/husky. Bred to pull sleds ***. A huge ball of muscle and fur.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No, you don't sound like a dick.

I do feel cross with people who do this. It's a malmute/husky. Bred to pull sleds ***. A huge ball of muscle and fur.

Mine was a wolf/malamute. She wasn't what I'd call "huge." 65 pounds is closer to mid sized for a dog. She was strong though, and probably the healthiest dog I've ever had. She lived to be 17. She had absolutely no prey drive whatsoever. My worst concern with her was that she suffered in the heat once she got older.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE