home made hammock RESULTS....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok at last i got round to having a go with this thing......

2 main things im going to change....

the rope that holds it up due to it being cheep as chips (pound shop washing line...lol..) which broke twice before it held.......

the second is like some people said the ends need lashing and some sort of cordage attached to tie the main lines to....

appart from that its ok and will be giving it a go at some point......

enjoy the pics....

chris...........

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
its 2 mins from the house but shhhhhhhhhhh...........im not supposed to use it....heheheheheheheheh.....

chris............................

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Cool,

Good work there Chris. But was it comfortable? Thats the main thing isn't it. Or is it?

Anyways, I have heard some people talking about condensation problems in waterproof hammocks. Was it an issue here?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
only went out to see if it would hold my fat butt.....lol.....condensation should be fine when i put my mats on the inside......

and YES it was very comfortable i almost had 10 mins snooz....lol......

just some wipping with twine and its done.....

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Well that looks fine fattyman, sorry Lannyman..(well you will break good strong washing line ;)).

Seriously though looking good.
I'd also be wary of condensation but I caused a lot of that myself with hellish snoring.(Don't use w/proof material in my hammock now).

Thanks for the pics Chris, keep them coming.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Looks good to me too mate, but I too would think about condensation, even just from body heat on a cold night I reckon it would make your dossbag damp. Having it wide open at the top might well compensate though, it'll be interesting to find out when you take it out in anger. Said the actress to the bishop.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
might give it a go at the Jan meet up, depends on location though, ie TREES......lol..........

i will be new to this TREE stuff...........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE