home made crook knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
:D here's a couple of pics of a crook knife i made and a cover for a frost crook knife and some more spoons i finished this weekend :D

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have never used eucalyptus. What is it like to work? Looks like a fine grain wood. I like the crooked knife you've made also. What did you do to the handle? or is it worm eaten?!? looks great whatever it is :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
looking good mate - I like the 'sheath' idea :D

what did you make the crook knife from? looks nice and small, good for all those teaspoons;)

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
spoons are finished with danish oil.
the crook knife i made from an old pruning saw blade cut down then heated with a gas torch to bend in to shape.the handel is holly with some random pattern cut in it(not wood worm) ,the blade is glued with pine resin then tied with cord.

euclyptus carves very well nice to work with very intresting grain paterns.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
sanding sanding sanding just a bit .i use three or four grades to sand not shure what thay all are just grab a handfull from me shed if thay feel different thats good for me,the last one i use is allways a very fine wet and dry type . as for the danish oil normaly three coats but the second spoon got about six or more. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE