High Weald

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 8, 2006
Mississauga, Canada
Wow, just got through looking at a few websites about the High Weald. Boy are you folks in Sussex really lucky to have such an interesting area so readily accessable. Between walking the South Downs and now the High Weald, I'm going to have to double the amount of time I'm planning to visit...heck, maybe I'll just retire there. :D
Cheers
Alex

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
!!!!!

And we're all dead jealous of anyone living in Canada! At least you have real wilderness over there. Anywhere you go here, especially in Sussex, you will find people. An hours walk anywhere and you'll find a road when down south. Wanna swap??? ;)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Echo what Spacemonkey says..............Yes sussex is a beautiful county, esp at this time of year, but there are roads everywhere and all the land is owned by someone who won't let you bushcraft, although there are some fantastic footpaths through it all. Just remember you have to drive on the left over here, when you come, could cause problems if not.................Jon

May 8, 2006
Mississauga, Canada
Good point. There are places in Canada that you probably wouldn't see a soul for a week, even if you tried. That being said, where I live(outskirts of Toronto)is the largest urban area in Canada, quite on par with any large American urban area, or London as examples.
I have to drive a minimum of 4 hours on one of your 'M' class highways to get to anything approaching wilderness. And to boot my 15+ year old truck just died(go figure ;)).
I would swap in a heartbeat for a couple of reasons; it's where my ancestors come from, the countryside is different than what I'm used too, you brew some of the best beer I've tasted, and the accent of your eligable lasses are irresistable. ;)
Cheers
Alex

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hunter Gatherer said:
Good point. There are places in Canada that you probably wouldn't see a soul for a week, even if you tried. That being said, where I live(outskirts of Toronto)is the largest urban area in Canada, quite on par with any large American urban area, or London as examples.
I have to drive a minimum of 4 hours on one of your 'M' class highways to get to anything approaching wilderness. And to boot my 15+ year old truck just died(go figure ;)).
I would swap in a heartbeat for a couple of reasons; it's where my ancestors come from, the countryside is different than what I'm used too, you brew some of the best beer I've tasted, and the accent of your eligable lasses are irresistable. ;)
Cheers
Alex

Well you said it all there Alex............If you like our beer (I am talking ale here) you will love it here, loads of pubs selling the stuff, my fav at the mo is spitfire, made by sherpherd neame (just had to check the spelling of that twice as I have been drinking it). We do not have any wilderness around here, but we do have some great woodland and the downs is always worth a visit and just to rub salt in, my 20 yr old landrover is still going strong.....................Jon (touch wood)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE