Hi guys-Kelly/volcano kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Last time I went out with my kelly it went walkies when I was not looking... ho hum, some scumbag has it now.:cussing: :(

So I am now looking for the cheapest 2 pint kettle around with cook kit included.

Any reccomendations?

On top of that whats your thoughts on putting a glass resin based jacket around it? There must be something you can use to insulate it, that you can leave on and wont burn. Any thoughts?

Sandsnakes

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Big fan of the ghillie kettle, got my 1L kettle and cookset ridiculously cheaply from ebay when their shop was shut down for a short time. Good quality, never had a problem with it although I couldn't really find a use for the cookset so traded it away.

Why do you want to clad the sides??

Cheers,

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Alu expands and contracts (I think, maybe someone can confirm) a lot when heated and cooled so I suspect it'll quickly shrug off the cladding. I like it 'naked' as it cools quite quickly and you can pack it up and paddle on after lunch. My kettle is about a year old now and is holding up well, very little dings etc with no other protection than it's little black ghillie kettle bag while it rolls about in the boat.

Cheers.

Alan

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Try this site Gillie Kettle it was used in a group buy on here a while ago, i participated and must say they are very good quality.

as per usual no association bla bla bla, just satisfied customer.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
i'll be doing another gillie kettle group buy soon. i was going to wait till april but if there is interest now i'll start it sooner....the savings were quit nice and the 1.5 ltr was redused to £30.55...the 1.ltr was £28.20...but i would have to ask what the price will be this time !!
but i know they want an order of at least 15 kettles.

this any help to you sandsnakes

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Must agree with others, I bought one through Sandbag47 on a group buy and it is a fantastic bit of kit, and costs nowt to run.
kettle.jpg

cooker.jpg

Sandbag47 is a top guy.

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
Brilliant piece of kit! I'd be interested in being part of group buying (size "Maverick" as I try to become equipment minimalist).

Aluminium has its critics but I suppose the kettle like all kettles gets a limestone lining on its inner walls after a while.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'd also like to buy the Maverick, for the same reasons, so I'm very interested and would like to join in the GB please.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
PM me a sensible offer. It's been used twice by me and Dougster can provide its history before that but I would say that it's probably only been used 6-8 times. Comes with the grate to go in the fire bowl, the handle to lift it out and the Kelly kettle bag. No scorching to the handle, cork or chain.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE