Hi All

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Hi
My name is Shane, im 33, I live near Neath, South Wales. Ive always enjoyed the outdoors, camping, hiking etc and Ive always been interested in Bushcraft (as im also a general builder) but have never really practised it properly apart from basic fire's while camping and bivvying.Courses can be a little pricey, so I thought this would be a good way to start practising/learning and meet some like minded people.
If there's anyone going out & about in South Wales, Id be interested in tagging along.
Thanks
Shane :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard Shane

There are a good crown of folk in and around south Wales - they'll be along soon enough.

Enjoy your time here!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi and welcome to the forum. Courses can add up I know its what I do for a living. As you're in South Wales I would book your place at the Bushmoot straight away. A great place to learn from like minded folk in a great location.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It is the yearly Bushcraftuk meet up near Bridgend - a great place to meet folk, get on cheap workshops andlearn loads!
Beware the naughty corner though ... get stuck there and all you learn is how bad a hangover can get!

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Yes, ill beware of the naughty corner ... I've already got intimate knowledge of ' how bad a hangover can get ' this is one thing I don't need to learn!!
Although a hangover means alcohol the night before, so its not all bad!!
What date is the yearly meet, is there any other events coming up?

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Hi Shane and welcome to BCUK. I too was looking at courses and finding them too expensive at the moment so maybe in the future. Ive learnt loads since Ive been on here though and seem to learn something new every day too, it really is a great place to be. :)

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Thanks Barn Owl & pauljm116, Ive only had a quick look around the site but already seems a good place to start learning about bushcraft!

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Thanks for welcome Mesquite, Harvestman, Shewie, hiraeth :D

hiraeth
Hi Shane and welcome to the site ( you going to the Gnoll on boxing day?)

Whats going on up the Gnoll, hiraeth??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE