hi all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 22, 2010
england
hi,hoping to share my stories and learn new tricks lol if there is any i dont know about.Brought up in a small village in Ayrshire,Scotland,so had hills,moors and rivers,forests,all around us.Now i am in Bolton,manchester,with same surroundings,Joined this site today as my younger sister and myself were having a great laugh on how as kids we had great fun catching rabbits and other vermin lol.Then i thought wonder if anyone still gets up to the old tricks.And surprise here it is so hi to everyone,

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Beat me to that. If anyone is interested in getting a lurcher can I shamelessly plug Lurcher Link website? It is a good source on rescue lurchers and people who come together to make sure no healthy lurcher is PTS just because someone didn't want them. They often have urgent appeals for fosterers or even just for someone willing to drive an hour or so each way and onwards to help transfer a dog from say Bolton to Ayrshire where there is a foster home for a dog with a couple of days before the pound PTS!! I've not been in a position to house a dog but I have offered to do a dog shuttle.

I'm sure there was someone called LurcherJane on thieir forum. Wonder if that is you. BTW I have nothing to do with the site itself just when I wasa considering getting a lurcher I was on their forum a lot until I decided I couldn't. I'm sure BCUK guys won't mind me mentioning this forum site as it is not directly BC field but some here might be interested in lurchers for BC uses!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Welcome Jane and I'm hoping that you do have lurchers rather than looking like Lurch (not the BCUK member ;) )!

Lots of friendly folk here, some more sane than others. The old tricks are still keeping us entertained :naughty:

back off track again. You can't beat a good hound that's for sure, and Lurcher Link is the place to go for friendly dog advice too. My dog Saxen is much better known than I am, people often ask where/how he is before they even say hello to me! :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE