Hey hey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

iotarho

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2009
Tunbridge Wells
Hey guys,

Finally decided it was time to post a newbie post! Anywho, I'm from West Kent (bordering Sussex), and wondering where people go out and about in this area? Currently in a gap year, and in the intermediate 'nothing to do' stage and want to get out locally. After having vaguely tottering around these forums, I see there's quite a few knife makers and woodcarvers and I'm keen to try my hand at both. Bearing in mind that being a gap year student and having just paid for 4 Reading tickets and my next trip abroad I am broke! So basic starting gear and advice would be very welcome.

Cheers, Jonny

Edit: Just realised I put absolutely nil about my past experience! Erm, was in the cadets (as pathetic as it is...), spent a month trekking in Zambia and 3months working with the Sarawak Forestry Commission in Malaysia, where I spent a couple of weeks at a time in the jungles of the Bario highlands. I think that's about it...

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Well... You're quite close to me! I'm sort of thinking about possibly organising a meet at some point, I'm in Ashurst Wood (near East Grinstead). Have a look at the newbie post I put up the other day, a couple of others have pm-ed me, and are up for helping, so I think it's gonna be a bit of a group effort. Just putting feelers out for a good bit of land we can get permission to use at the mo. Ashdown forest is great for foraging and stuff, but I'm guessing a group of us camping there wouldn't go down well.

Anyway, From one Newbie to another, WELCOME :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE