Herts Snow Meet (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well the Herts meet went ahead despite the arctic like conditions.

A small group of us each night but we really enjoyed ourselves and it was good to see the children enjoying themselves as well. Saturday night was especially good as the scouts held their annual carol service and Jasons wife did us a beef stew, containing a bottle of red wine and half a bottle of port and it was superb. Way too much for all of us to eat (due to Jasons cricket ball sized dumplings :D )

I'd like to thank Dave for organising it and Jasons wife for the stew.

Here's some pics from the weekend

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

Madonna with the big boobies (sculpted by one of the site crew)
012.jpg

004.jpg

A small igloo built by the site crew
013.jpg

The cooking arrangements. The stand can be bought from Ronnie Sunshines (currently out of stock). You can see in the picture that Jason modded it by fitting extendable legs so it can cook over rasied fires like this one
011.jpg

The Saturday night stew with the dumplings just going in
010.jpg

Last edited:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice one Steve, makes me want to get out with the bivi and get a large fire going, alas xmas and work are getting in the way!

Mar 2, 2005
Watford, Herts
It was fantastic.

We even invented Christmas pudding Dumplings!

Thanks again to Dave for the organisation and Jasons wife for the stew.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Gutted that I couldn't come. Thought that I would have the car fixed in time, then when that didn't happen, thought that a friend would give a lift, and that didn't happen either :( Looks like it was a lot of fun, you had great weather for it!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Gutted that I couldn't come. Thought that I would have the car fixed in time, then when that didn't happen, thought that a friend would give a lift, and that didn't happen either :( Looks like it was a lot of fun, you had great weather for it!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Sorry you you missed it Chris, it really was a good meet with some great folks.

I would have happily given you a lift if you'd have let me know you were needing one.

Hi Jason

Nice to see you in the shop today, did you like the jerky?? Great pics of your snow weekend, really like what you did with the stand, after chatting with you today I’ve given it some more thought and I will look into getting some more made up for later in the year.

Keep up the good work

Best wishes

Dave
aka Ronnie Sunshines

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE