helsport tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willowherb

Nov 12, 2006
peebles
hi all

im thinking of investing in ahelsport lavvu tent.8-10 man for me and the family

just wondered if anyone has any comments on these and am i going down the right route?

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
willowherb said:
hi all

im thinking of investing in ahelsport lavvu tent.8-10 man for me and the family

just wondered if anyone has any comments on these and am i going down the right route?

For the interested:
http://www.helsport.no/EN/telt.asp

Helsport is a very good brand of excellent quality - overhere they're slightly cheaper than those Hilleberg tents, and therefor used as a substitute.
No personal experience with them other than the fact I selected the "Ringstind" as a possible tent - before I got into bushcraft ... in the end I ended up using a tarp :D

Glosfisher

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2007
Cotswolds
I used a Helsport I picked up cheap somewhere for years when I was a young digger on the archaeology circuit. It stood up to a vast amount of abuse and foul weather including a month of near continuous rain and gales in September 1983, conditions so bad a portakabin was blown over on site!

It was a low, limpet design with two vestibules, 3 man in theory, 2 in comfort.The tent packed down really small and the quality of workmanship was excellent.

Cheers

Gf

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
laavu2_evening_lake.jpg

I own a Helsport Varanger 8-10 and it is a very well made Lavvu. I got the complete package, including the inner (winter) tent but have mainly used the outer layer only.

A tent of this size and in this quality is quite an investment and I was lucky enough to get a demo model from the shop at a discount. But they are well worth the money and based on my usage experience, I would buy it again.

-Emile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE