Helsport Reinfjell Lavvu Tipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Anybody have one, how do they compare to the other tipi's out there ?

willowherb

Nov 12, 2006
peebles
ive just ordered one while at the highland show.
ive been looking about for ages and i think these are best bit of kit for
the middle of the market.

ive been told its totally fired retardent but id like to hear from others who
have used a fire box in one if this is true??

my main reson for buying one is the ability to stand up easy and just have one pole to errect rather than loads of bendy poles

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Hi Rapidboy,

I like mine. I've only used it a couple of times but each time was with a fire and I had no problem with sparks.

They offer a groundsheet for this tent but I'm not sure that I'd take it if I had the choice again. Having tried the lavvu with and without the groundsheet I've come to the conclusion that these tents really do work better without.

Flame retardent - it certainly seems to be. I've checked after having the fires and not noticed any holes due to sparks.

BTW, I'd recommend the firebox from feuerzelte if you need one:
http://www.feuerzelte.de/shop/show_det.php?det=47&nav=33&rb=34

Once going it takes a reasonable size log and I found that you could keep it going all night with only a couple of refuels.

Having got used to the idea of no groundsheet I'd probably look at a Kifaru or Titanium Goat Vortex next time around - more tent for the weight (or less weight for the tent). However, I am very happy with the Helsport.

Cheers,

Huon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE