Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

Bobishere

Hello everybody, I'm not used to and dislike talking a lot about myself, before I know my audience a little. But I see no harm in telling you about my bushcraft habbits, and perhaps you might gain what you need to, to know I mean no harm. I'm 30 and from Essex, not the bushcraft centre of the UK precisely, but a beautiful place none the less. I started making fires and foraging about 12-13 years ago, then I saw Ray Mears on television and just recently I acheived over 10,000 views on youtube; most of which are for my catapulting and bushcraft videos. I could not have done it without Ray Mears, his books and programmes taught me nearly everything I know of my practices, I would only be half the man I am without him; I presume there are others like me here. I have not used any bushcraft forums in the past (save the occasional law, or other, reference) which I commend this website for, but it is simply because I prefer to learn by action. Now I have reached a point where I need to consult experts directly; this is why I am here, because I need to, to progress in my art.
I hope that's enough for now, please ask if you wish to know something I can answer, and I hope you don't mind when I do the same. And for future reference, I went to make an account, and found I must have done so at another time 'Bob' is not my name, it's Louis, and I'll be changing that when I figure out how.
On a personal note, I also study the martial arts (Jun Fan Jeet kune-do, my choice of style) and would always be willing to talk about that too.

Let's finish on a lighter note, did you hear the one by Tim Vine ... conjunctivitis.com, that's a site for sore eyes.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
did you hear the one by Tim Vine ... conjunctivitis.com, that's a site for sore eyes.

:lmao:thats a good one :lmao:
I know I'm much the same. I'm sure I'd seen Ray mears on telly, but it wasnt untill i read essential bushcraft (which was a random christmas gift) that I felt lighweight backpacking with the sole aim of baggin munro's wasnt the most stisfying way to approach the outdoors.
Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE