Hello from Wiltshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mrs_Ursus

Nov 30, 2009
Wiltshire
I've been lurking around these parts for a couple of weeks now and thought it was about time I said hello. Me in a nutshell: I'm 33, live in the Wiltshire countryside with my OH, kids, dogs & chickens.

I've always been at my happiest when I'm outdoors just doing normal outdoorsy/country-ish things e.g. camping, walking, openfire cooking, hedgerow basketry. My other half is the serious bushcrafter of the family and he's kindled my interest in taking things a step further - I'm very much a newbie and so am at the babysteps stage - dammit I WILL master the mysterious art of feathering sticks one of these days!

I confess I had a few misconceptions - i.e. that to be a self-proclaimed bushcrafter it helped if you were:

(a) a bloke
(b) a little bit knife obsessed
(c) a camo-clad-machoman-wannabe-rambo!

...and as I don't qualify on any of those points I thought I wasn't allowed to play ;) Rest assured, such daft ideas have now been firmly put in their place. :lmao:

Anyway, enough of my waffle, I'm looking forward to learning and sharing (you all seem such a lovely friendly bunch!) and who knows, maybe one day sharing an ale (or several) around the campfire. :D

Mrs_U

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
Welcome to the forum :)

I don't fit a) b) or c) but have still had some fantastic weekends with a lots of people on here who qualify for at least one of them!

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Hello and welcome. Don't worry, if you've been to the Bushmoot you'll know that all those preconceptions are completely misplaced.

You do, however, have to sport a beard like a rhododendron bush. That's mandatory for any bushcrafter.

;)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Um, my bush is a little bare....Im tryning though. I have a nice feminine tache.

Im in Wiltshire and certainly not a!

Hello welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it. As regards myself...

(a) a bloke...Yes, last time I checked
(b) a little bit knife obsessed....Not really (compared to most)
(c) a camo-clad-machoman-wannabe-rambo! No. Fjällräven clad, Ray Mears wannabe...er...maybe!

Mrs_Ursus

Nov 30, 2009
Wiltshire
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here as there seems to be a really wide range of interests (and expertise!) across the whole bushcraft spectrum - such a breadth of knowledge!

tobes01 - I've seen pics of the Bushmoot and it looks fantastic. Just my kind of thing. Great to see so many kids involved - my daughter, who's 10, would love it! Fingers crossed we can make it next year. :) Regarding the beard? I think Mr_U has enough face fungus for both of us! lol

redandshane - I'll certainly be dropping you a PM once all the festive madness has quietened down. Thanks :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You wont want to come to the Bushmoot when you see `exactly` how many tiresome kids are there.

Im near Swindon. Not `in` Swindon, `Near` Swindon...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE