Hello from the Guerrilla Camper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey guys. I said hello already and posted here and there, but since there is a forum for introductions, I figured I'd say hello and say a bit about myself and what brought me here.

Been hiking and camping since I was too young to walk (still have the pack my dad carried me around in). Spent a bit of time in my teens stealth camping to local mountains and got to know them like the back of my hand. Was in the military for a few years, completed airborne, air assault and ranger schools. Everybody thought I was kind of a freak for my absolute insistance on sleeping in holes. Section hiked the length of South Korea, hitchhiked and walked most of the american south, and lugged away to heavy pack though northern california last year.

I am currently working on rebuilding a cabin (to live in, not vacation in) on 44 acres in the coastal redwoods, WAY up in the hills. And so I finally, after a few months of lurking, registered after spending the last two days setting up a camp with an ocean view across 25 miles of mountains. Yes, two days to set up the camp, I'll explain later... Figure I could pick your collective brains on some high technology campcraft.

I've done a bit of wildcrafting, but my leave no trace ethic usually saw me flopping on the ground, lying on my pack and sleeping under the stars, so developing campsites is new to me, but SO MUCH FUN.

Thanks for producing some great reads, seems like a lively forum...

-BP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE