Hello from the Fens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I have been lurking around for a few weeks and Really connect with the ethos of this forum. I thought its about time I introduced myself and got to know members here. A bit of back ground for you. I'm the son of a gamekeeper/poacher. I was introduced to our woodland and countryside more or less from birth. My dad would be out hunting/poaching with me in the pram most mornings before sunrise. He used me as a decoy from the police and other game keepers. Hiding the folding William Powell double barrel shotgun under the pram mattress, until he found something to shoot. I didn't realize until I was a teenager that the two stick kitkat he would buy for me from the papershop on a morning was a bribe, to keep me going out poaching with him. I spent most of my childhood playing, living and sleeping in the woods. At 17 I rented a small farm & for my sins subsidized living on the farm by working down a coal mine. I was a striking miner for the year and lost the farm. At this time I built myself a horsedrawn bowtop and bought my first driving horse. I the lived and worked as a hedgelayer for a number of years, before buying 5 acres of land, which I lived on from time to time. Last 20 years I have been self employed as a tree surgeon/agricultural fencing contractor and later employed as a forest ranger for a well known Quango organization (FC) Unfortunately I injured my spine and have spent many years trying to adjust to a less active lifestyle. I have a Ford Transit County 4x4 minibus that I converted into a campervan & make the most of wild camping. Hope to attend a bushmoot or event & get to chat with memebrs around a fire with a cuppa. I'm never too old to learn new tricks. Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE