Hello from Robin Hood Country

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

y0dsa

Forager
Jan 17, 2008
The Danelaw
Oops, have already posted but thought I better introduce self before I get too carried away reading through the site.

Impressed by the warm enthusiasm, breadth of knowledge and casually dispensed expertise here.

Based in the Danelaw / Robin Hood Country and working in a field not remotely connected with bushcraft. However, have a longstanding interest in all things natural, and especially 'humans as part of the natural' - if that makes any sense. Things like natural remedies/ herbs and healing; diet and wild foods - especially mushrooms. Not a Luddite though, but interested in sustainability; sadly no real expertise (sorry).

Camp and canoe when I can (Klepper Aerius ll, and Klepper Master), and wear home made moccasins (thanks Kezza!); sometimes carry a sling while out walking the dog.

Would love to learn to knap flint arrows and make a decent bow.

y0dsa

y0dsa

Forager
Jan 17, 2008
The Danelaw
Thanks for the welcome.

Now I just need to find a decent bushcraft knife (although I'll learn how to make them eventually). My treasured victorinox needs a sheathed companion...

Flint knapping guru on my doorstep? Brilliant!

Also, I have some kangaroo hide, said to be the strongest around for its weight, and plan to make some breeches. But they seem to be so unfashionable I can't find any patterns. Any suggestions? And where would it be best to post this question?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE