Hello from Nottingham

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ringonotts

Dec 23, 2011
Basingstoke
Hi guys,

I just thought i would introduce myself having been hovering round this forum for quite a while but not actually posting anything.

I'm a huge fan of outdoor life but i tend to do most of my camping in my VW camper van with my family. I've got it setup so i can go out in it all year round without needing electric hookup - so my camping location options are as open as possible. The next step is a four wheel drive camper van - but i haven't won the lottery so i can't go there.

I love nothing more than trying my hand at craft - whittling is my favourite but i have also made nets and found that to be incredibly relaxing (well, i had whittled a net needle).

My latest project was a birch bark matchbox which i unashamedly got inspiration from Ray Mears video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYUqDSxBOAs.

ef7WVX

It was a lovely little project from start to finish - i want to make a bigger container next time.

My next project is to try and carve a bowl. The outside i'm confident with - but carving out the inside of the bowl is going to be a bit of challenge with my small forest axe and my mora crook knife!

Anyway, i just wanted to say hello - and perhaps start participating in the forum as i have many questions....

Cheers,

Ringo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE