Hello from my bed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Get well soon Rikster.

I had the same problem a good ten years ago, not pleasant I know.

Look on the bright side - you can pass the time by;

a) making a tent/basha with your bed covers/privacy curtain at night.
b) practise your knot work using the bed sheets in preparation for your window escape.
c) make a decorated kuksa from those cardboard peee bottles.
d) start a diary on here and tell us of the characters in the beds around you etc.

All the best fella,

Liam

p.s.

If they give you an iron lung, have a go on it with a bit of flint (don't let any bushcrafters visit or they'll steal it and make blades and fire steels).

Last edited:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
BTW its student nurse season soon Rik, say YES to anything they want to do ;) nowt wrong with a load of uni lass' fussing over you eh?

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
get well soon man, maybe we can arrange to have some trees sent to ya ay ;)

a little advice, if your in there for a while get someone to bring you a fan, can get bloody boiling in those places.

ATB
TJ

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
get well soon man, maybe we can arrange to have some trees sent to ya ay ;)

a little advice, if your in there for a while get someone to bring you a fan, can get bloody boiling in those places.

ATB
TJ

True TJ, I only retired from nursing last November. However I'm in a new (three week old) unit in an air conditioned "Negative Pressure" room, flat screen TV, bathroom, etc, very posh for the NHS. That said, I'd rather be out camping :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Glad to hear your feeling better. Do the nurses mind you having your dongle?

No problem with internet dongle's or mobile phones for that matter.

This is going to take me months to get over so to be honest I'm scrapping camping and will look for a small campervan next year. I'd planned on doing this when I was 60 so I'll be four years early.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not being cheeky, genuinely curious.
How does someone young and active get pneumonia other than after trauma or severe illness ?

Hope you're recovering well.

cheers,
M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ach Toddy!
It is obviously coz he does not wear the right gear in the outdoors!
I wear Ventile and a Tilly hat and have never had Pneumonia yet! :D
Get well soon Rik

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not being cheeky, genuinely curious.
How does someone young and active get pneumonia other than after trauma or severe illness ?

Hope you're recovering well.

cheers,
M

Anyone can get it Toddy, but more often when you immune system is down after another illness/infection.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
had a m8 in school knocked for six with it to, out playing footie one day, shivering and looking like the walking dead the next. turns out he had pnumonia, hospital sesh on a drip and allsorts.
jammy bugger had all the class hotties crowded round him for a month afterwards "looking after him" hehe
can strike anyone tbh but its good your in the NHS's care Rik they'll sort ya. got any pics of the X-rays?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Got home yesterday afternoon, still feel like ****te and have zero energy :( back in hospital for a broncoscopy next week and another scan.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good to hear :) Hope things improve for you in short order :D

Doesn't it feel great to sleep in your own bed again ?
It's a beautiful day here, nice to just sit outside.

cheers,
M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Got home yesterday afternoon, still feel like ****te and have zero energy :( back in hospital for a broncoscopy next week and another scan.

At least you are out of there mate. Just relax and build your energy up. Should be quicker in familiar less hospitally surroundings.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Good to hear :) Hope things improve for you in short order :D

Doesn't it feel great to sleep in your own bed again ?
It's a beautiful day here, nice to just sit outside.

cheers,
M

It does feel good, I intend to sit in the sun out back later on, might even have a small wine and soda water :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE