Heinnies, Hultafors knives under a fiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
mine came today shaving sharp right to the tip, maybe you had a bad batch doughster.
i'm going to make a few mods to these, and will put up what i have done to them.
take care.
lee.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Plenty love on the stainless, but quite a lot less on the carbon and they are up to par now. I really like the handle, I have small hands (Size 7.5) and these fit me really well.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Plenty love on the stainless, but quite a lot less on the carbon and they are up to par now. I really like the handle, I have small hands (Size 7.5) and these fit me really well.
i bought heavy duty one to see what it was like, and i'm impressed with it, just need to make the mods to the handles, and have something lined up for the plastic sheaths, as i dought ill make a leather one for these, maybe if i get a chance, but for now, going to try a a mod to the plastic one to make it a bit more versitile.
take care
lee

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Are you going to put wood on one of the handles? I got two for this reason for modding, as I have some small pieces of oak and some mahogany left over.
I have heard the tang is 3/4 long.
It could be made longer with a welder and a piece of scrap. No welder here mind you.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Are you going to put wood on one of the handles? I got two for this reason for modding, as I have some small pieces of oak and some mahogany left over.
I have heard the tang is 3/4 long.
It could be made longer with a welder and a piece of scrap. No welder here mind you.
hi mate i'm not going to completly remove the handle. just make the guard a bit smaller, as i think its very comfy but the guard irritates me.

Holme

Mar 10, 2010
Sweden
For that price, they are OK, I believe. However the steel in the Hultafors are nowhere near the Sandvik steel in the stainless Mora knives. The same goes for the carbon steel versions. Over here they seem to have somewhat replaced the Mora-knives as disposables.

Last edited:

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
my 5 arrived this morning. All were sharp but only one was shaving sharp!
Wonder how the steel quality/hardness is compared to the mora?

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Just ordered 11 for these for the Explorer Scouts. Our existing stock are Clippers, but as we've sold many of these off to individual Scouts, or the blade has been seperated from the handle by some over enthusiastic battoning, now is the time to repalce them. We used to be able to get Clippers for £5 wholesale...that price has now doubled.

Anyone know far the tang extends in the Hultafors?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE