Heavy Cover Inc Metal Mug Lid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Evilgoblin

Nov 15, 2010
UK/London
Hi all, I thought that I'd post a couple of reviews I wrote on another board to get myself started Like a lot of guys in the Infantry I carried a Metal mug in my beltkit instead of mess tins. It gets used for everything, cooking, brews, shaving, digging a hole to do what bears do in the woods etc...

Recently I bought one of these Heavy Cover Inc lids for my mug.

lid1.jpg

lid2.gif

lid3.gif

I have been seriously impressed. I was initially concerned that the stopper on the flip over arm would be in danger of snapping off. However it is made out of the same flexible material as the rest of the lid. My other concern was how well it would seal to the mug. Again this was not a problem at all as you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lus3V3WJDcY

As for the design i think it is well thought out. It has a generous lip which makes it easy to drink from even when the mug is mega hot, and the stopper is very well fitted to the drinking aperture. Also, and very importantly it is easy to clean. I found that a mug of tea made from a kettle stayed hot to the last drop rather than turning tepid and having the last few sips being cold...

I'll try to get some pics of it action next time I use it and add them here.

All in all a well made, and thought out design which looks like it will stand a good few years of abuse. My only (and extremely minor) quibble is that there is not a version for us southpaws!

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
No they wpn't fit a crusader mug. They are designed for us canteen cuos they are too small to fit.
i've had 2 of these for a couple of years now and they work really well.
I bought them directly from heavy cover: on international orders they will give you whatever you have ordered as an extra for free; so basically if you buy one you get another free.
They have just released a metal lid now aswell so you can boil with it on.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
No they won't fit a crusader mug. They are designed for us canteen cuos they are too small to fit.
i've had 2 of these for a couple of years now and they work really well.
I bought them directly from heavy cover: on international orders they will give you whatever you have ordered as an extra for free; so basically if you buy one you get another free.
They have just released a metal lid now aswell so you can boil with it on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE