Headtorch help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
I've got a Petzel Headtorch that doesn't work and I'm not the best at Electronics, Is there anybody on here that I could send It to and they could have a look for me?

Cheers, Butch

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
What sort is it?

Is it one in regular use that has stopped working or been in storage for a while and hasn't worked since? Has it gotten wet?

A few things to check.

Stick another lot of new batteries in.
Clean any dirt and corrosion off of the battery terminals.

If it is an LED one with dead electronics it is probably best sent back to Petzl.

Hope you get it running soon.

I had the same problem.

I emailed Petzel, and they sorted me out a new one... i will pm you the guys email that sorted it out for me.... Dont know how old the headtorch is, but mine was a year old and they did it all for free....

UKdave

Forager
Mar 9, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the reminder!!!

My MYO XP packed up just before Christmas,I rang them up and they were very helpfull,its in the post now so should get a new one in a week or 2

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hiya,
All Petzl products come with a three year warranty. ( Though you'll probably need your receipt). Though Lyon Equipment the UK importer are usually pretty good on warranties. One thing I'll say about French wiring ( not jingoistic just something I've noticed in their torches and cars over the years) is that after 12 years it just goes "on the fritz". Usually a good clean of all the contacts is enough in the torches, though on certain models the wiring loom was a little more friable due to the way it is routed.
Where are you based as I'd be happy to have a look? I'm in Perthshire.
Cheers
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE