Heads up: Ray Mears 30yr Mora deal!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
This was posted just before christmas and were very popular. I bought four as presents and kept one my self.
The spine tends to need a little work to remove any burrs and tidy it up a little but its no drama.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Just ordered this little package - can't leave it there for that money, thanks for the heads-up................atb mac

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I got mine a couple of days ago. I was surprised how much bigger overall they are to the Companion/Clipper. As I have large hands this means they suit me perfectly. One of these and a Laplander saw are pretty much all you need for you outdoor wood based shenanigans.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Thank you for the heads up, ~I've just ordered them, what a good deal! I'm impressed with RAy, he has pretty good deals on stuff occasionally, I got a GF wildlife hatchet from that site a couple of years ago and it was only £30 inc P&P I was pretty chuffed! lol

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
I got mine a couple of days ago. I was surprised how much bigger overall they are to the Companion/Clipper. As I have large hands this means they suit me perfectly. One of these and a Laplander saw are pretty much all you need for you outdoor wood based shenanigans.

+ 1! Really impressed with these knives. A quick spine grind and it throws a great spark too. I can see me getting a couple more too (just running out of places to hide stuff from SWMBO!).

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I bought a pair too - I'm doing some tuition soon and didn't want to risk the Woodlore.

They are very good practical knives: comfy blister-free handle, decent carbon steel, throws a good firesteel spark when modded, secure sheath with drain hole and much lighter than a Woodlore.

Apart from Ray's shop being the cheapest source with this deal, I think the 'Thirty Years of Bushcraft' engraving is also advantageous - if you are called upon to prove 'good reason' for possession, it states the knife's purpose.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
So far since this was originally posted.
I've brought 7 for other people and 1 for myself .
they are perfect starter knifes in my mind.
In an attempt to lure my friends into the woods in the near future.

I've also brought a fair few HUL HULHVK Craftmans Knife .
http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Hvk Craftmans Knife Hvk 7317843800111 380010
they're so cheap and I like the fact they're bright in colour .
Not so easy to lose in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE