Heads up, on TV now, more4!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi just a Heads up, seems a good film "The edge"
some guys surviving in the canadian wilderness!

they've just done a shadow compass and lighting a fire with a flare! seems good!:D

It started at 22:00, but, they've only just got lost!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
they're just talking about making a lens out of ice to create fire and they caught a squirrel! it's getting more "Bushcrafty" by the minute!:D
some of the effects are a bit "hollywood" though.

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I'm not watching it right now. I've set the timer though for when I get back on Sunday evening.
Something interesting to watch as I cannot remember the plot.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Just did a search on "The edge" (found on wikipeadia) about the bear...

"Bart the Bear" (January 19, 1977 – May 10, 2000), was a male Alaskan Kodiak Bear who appeared in several Hollywood films. Previously, Bart's mother appeared in the films Grizzly and Day of the Animals.Animal trainers Doug Seus and Lynne Seus of Wasatch Rocky Mountain Wildlife, Inc., in Heber City, Utah trained Bart.
He grew to 9' 6" (2.90 m) tall and 1800 pounds (816 kg) as an adult.

John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, Steven Seagal, Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin all appeared in films opposite the bear. All of them were reportedly impressed with how well the bear was trained.

In 2000, Bart died of cancer at the age of 23. Bart died during the filming of television documentary Growing Up Grizzly (2001). Brad Pitt, who appeared in Legends of the Fall with Bart, presented the piece.

sad way for such an amazing creature to go!:(

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
"All of them were reportedly impressed with how well the bear was trained."
Yeah, I'd still 'ave one eye watching, though :)

Aye, always sad when such a big animal like that dies.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I watched it on more4+1 but fell asleep just when the bear turned up for the first time and they all ran off through the woods.

Woke up at 03:40 on the sofa with the cat wrapped round the top of my head and a tube of Pringles all over the floor :confused:

I'll keep an eye out for a re-run though, what I saw of it was pretty good.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I love that film, I've been trying to find it online for the last week or two so was made up to see it last night. Some good bushy bits in it, I had to be up early so missed the end - and can't remember it .

I read somewhere that Bart ended up killing his trainer, I genuinely hope I have that wrong.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
That film could do without Alec Baldwin, he makes a solid effort to go through as big a range of emotions and acting styles in a short a time as possible when he's on screen!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Biddlesby That film could do without Alec Baldwin, he makes a solid effort to go through as big a range of emotions and acting styles in a short a time as possible when he's on screen!
:lmao: I see you're point!

I liked the "squirrel cage" that would have taken some serious work to make!:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE