Heads up: Map case £3 at sports direct

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

user24

Forager
Aug 13, 2011
Shrewsbury, UK
Went on a 15-ish mile walk today (hooray, we made it!) and tested out this karrimor brand map case. It's pretty good! Does everything you'd expect a map case to really, and compared to the ones at millets it was a very good price. Only downside is the massive karrimor logo emblazoned on it, but no biggie.

Just thought I'd share that with the forum in case anyone's on the lookout for one. It made navigating much easier than having to stop and get the map out of the rucksack all the time.

I can post photos and more detailed reviews if anyone cares that much about a map case :) But for £3 you really can't go wrong.

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Had mine for 2 years now, still doing what a map case should. One of Karrimors bargains at that price.

user24

Forager
Aug 13, 2011
Shrewsbury, UK
I changed the supplied cord for some 550 paracord of the same length. 550 cord doesn't fit through the toggle they supply (might do if inner strands removed) but I just tied it off instead. I pushed the cord through the sleeve in the case with a tent peg :D Just in case you fancy 'modding' yours with some slightly better cordage.

user24

Forager
Aug 13, 2011
Shrewsbury, UK
The sea to summit map case is only £1 more, should I go with that one?

looking at it on amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sea-Summit-Waterproof-Map-Case/dp/B000OQF2LM) I'd say no, get the karrimor one, because the karrimor comes with a section you can loop cord through to carry it on your shoulder, and the black fold over section looks more watertight.

Compare: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-Wa...sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1325159384&sr=1-1 (but don't buy from amazon because you'll get the £3.99 shipping charge!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE