Heads up ,, Lidls Angora Long Johns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Thanks for that, don't know if I'll get to our (relatively) local one soon. Aldi have Merino baslayers in this Thursday, nice looking jumper coming as well!

Update-

No Angora's for me, not stocked in our nearest.

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I got some of these a couple of years ago when they last did them along with some undercrackers of the same material and some vests. Wearing my vest now - very warm and lightweight, highly recommended.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
I am far from being a hippy tree-hugging veggie do-gooder ... but PLEASE PLEASE check where the angora is sourced / made as the Chinese are ripping the fur out of live rabbits, kept in tiny wire cages (floor too) for their miserable lives.

Dont believe me? Please watch the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_b8Wr2LnrQ&feature=youtu.be ... please don't make me show you the video of the Chinese skinning dogs alive for fake Ugg boots by taking the ****.

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2013/12/more-stores-stop-angora-production-thanks-new-look-and-esprit/

We all love a bargain but when things get too cheap it seems that animals are paying the price for us :-(

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Oeko-Tex Standard 100 on the label which i believe means they are tested for harmful things. They do not display the Oeko-Tex Standard 1000 mark which means certification of environmentally friendly production facilities. So in summary i dont know but i cant see a major company like lidl allowing dodgy angora. Ultimately i dont know but ive bought them now.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Hi, thanks for looking. I appreciate many have already bought and I am not accusing Lidl of sourcing in this way ... but I do know that major suppliers like H&M were and thanks to increased awareness no longer are :)

I just cant stand to think that people and animals suffer because the reality is hidden from us - effort in awareness cant hurt, and I thank you again for looking

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE