Hands free umbrella.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
First one I could imagine being blown all over the place in wind. I like Goatboy's little cam brolly though. Got a link mate?

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You have my word. If I get one there will be pics!!

WoooHooo

Actually joking aside it could be useful when doing stuff like keeping tinder dry as you prepare to light a fire. Some of the rough types like Crosslandkelly and Biker may give you a ribbing.:rolleyes:

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
Poundshop umbrella (lynx bottle to show scale) a few pegs and a couple of bits of rope.
WP_000021.jpg
Sew on some elasticated webbing loops at every rib end
WP_000022.jpgWP_000024.jpg
Use rope and pegs to secure down
WP_000025.jpgWP_000026.jpgWP_000028.jpg
Can peg back down as well if needed.

Quick and cheap, easy to make, and it works.
Keeps head out of wind and rain when in goretex bag, somewhere to store and keeps boots dry.
Also it still works as a conventional umbrella and is light and easy to store.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Can't say anything about the handsfree model, but I have a Swing liteflex umbrella and I love it. It's light, it can handle wind really well, and I have a model with silver coating so I can use it in the sun as well. (Maybe it can be used instead of a tinfoil hat, too...). I can only recommend the company.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Extremely handy bit of kit, the umbrella, and very underrated. I carry a short lightweight jobby in the pack and it gets regular use; Operating optics, GPS, binos and camera, changing batteries etc.
It's the only instance I've ever known of the "fully waterproof - fully breathable" item that really works!.......................atb mac

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Poundshop umbrella (lynx bottle to show scale) a few pegs and a couple of bits of rope.
View attachment 21028
Sew on some elasticated webbing loops at every rib end
View attachment 21029View attachment 21030
Use rope and pegs to secure down
View attachment 21031View attachment 21032View attachment 21033
Can peg back down as well if needed.

Quick and cheap, easy to make, and it works.
Keeps head out of wind and rain when in goretex bag, somewhere to store and keeps boots dry.
Also it still works as a conventional umbrella and is light and easy to store.

That's just what I was thinking about.
One of these days I'm going to try it, thanks digitracker.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE