Hammock Cocoon - Anyone know where i can get one?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Hi All

I've stumbled across a few threads mentioning the Snugpak Cocoon - but cant seem to find anywhere to buy one. Was it just a limited edition?
Does anyone have one they're looking to sell?

Ta

Ben

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi Ben,
The Coccoon is having a revamp. There were some issues with the zip and also the length and width. Snugpak are concentrating on the Underblanket and Quilt.
So hopefully the Coccoon will reimerge, but don't know when.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Hi Ben,
The Coccoon is having a revamp. There were some issues with the zip and also the length and width. Snugpak are concentrating on the Underblanket and Quilt.
So hopefully the Coccoon will reimerge, but don't know when.

Thanks for the info Ian. I think i'll have to cobble something together with my limited stitching abilities;) and make do until i can get a pro one. I just cant get on with the underquilt i have - too much of a faff

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Very cool. Although i think its beyond my technical abilities.
I wonder why no one has produced a 'winter' hammock - two layers with insulation between and a zip at the top, top layer takes the weight and the pressure and stops the insulation from getting compressed.....would it be possible?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
That pretty much where i have ended up with the warm weather bag, i have binned the suspension system, except for the loop by the hood end which stops the whole bag from rucking up, so your in a full coccoon. I really is a simple mod matey.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
That pretty much where i have ended up with the warm weather bag, i have binned the suspension system, except for the loop by the hood end which stops the whole bag from rucking up, so your in a full coccoon. I really is a simple mod matey.

Sweet. I think i might take some time and see if i can work out how to do it. Spend the summer getting prepared for the winter!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Gonna get hold of an issue arctic bag large, and do a winter version too, I used warm weather bag with a buffalo bag inside last winter which was fine but a little annoying to fiddle around with bits inside, think an arctic bag would be the lap of luxury in the colder months.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I managed to get one from Lurch at Lakeland Buschcraft. They're not on the website, but it may be worth dropping him a pm or giving him a call to see if he has any left. They are superb pieces of kit, and I've had no trouble with the zip on mine when used with an internal ridgeline an the DD Frontline.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE