Guyot Designs Stainless Steel water Bottle 32 or 38 Oz

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you don't get any joy I switched from a Guyot Backpacker to a 1L Gsi Glacier Dukjug, the H2j0 coffee filter was a much better fit which won it for me.

If you don't get any joy I switched from a Guyot Backpacker to a 1L Gsi Glacier Dukjug, the H2j0 coffee filter was a much better fit which won it for me.

Rich, I too settled on the 1L GSi Glacier Dukjug, which I've found nests perfectly with the Tatonka Stainless Steel Handle Mug.

Is anyone aware of whether there is anything akin to the Pathfinder Stove Ring & Pathfinder Bottle Hanger available in the UK?

Cheers BS.

leon-1

Is anyone aware of whether there is anything akin to the Pathfinder Stove Ring & Pathfinder Bottle Hanger available in the UK?

Cheers BS.

Buy cheap barbecue tray, BBQ some sausages. Take metal grill from top of BBQ fold in half form into a circle, then use the foil from the remainder of the tray to form a 2 part wind shield. This is a more than decent replacement for the pathfinder stove ring.

Use an old wire coat hanger to fashion the bottle hanger, it'll work just as well.

Buy cheap barbecue tray, BBQ some sausages. Take metal grill from top of BBQ fold in half form into a circle, then use the foil from the remainder of the tray to form a 2 part wind shield. This is a more than decent replacement for the pathfinder stove ring.

Use an old wire coat hanger to fashion the bottle hanger, it'll work just as well.

Cheers Leon, I knew I'd seen something similar to the 'punch plate' but couldn't figure out where from. I've previously made a windshield in exactly the way you mention for my hobo stove set-up. Now kicking myself for not figuring this out for myself.

Thanks again, BS

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Thanks for the options guys. I will look into the Dave C one but will probably go with a Stanley Utility Water Bottel for now, as they are nearly the same & a lot cheaper

http://www.lawsonshop.co.uk/products/22222/stanley-utility-water-bottle-stainless-steel-07ltr.aspx

I too am quite interested in something like this, great find mate.
Quick question do you no I it's single walled? And also how much it weighs?
Thanks
Steve

Leave only footprints take only memories

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
It is single walled & you can boil water in them on a fire. I took one to Canada last month and it worked very well. Make sure you don't buy the vacuum flask version. Nearly a Guyet Design bottle but for about 1/8th the price. I don't know what they weigh but it is light with no water in them & the lid does not weigh a lot. I am very happy with my 2 so far.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs

Do you use it over a fire rich?
Can you fit a ti mug in the bottom of it?
Cheers

Leave only footprints take only memories

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE