Grey Squirrel - Food of kings!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I had a goose a couple of weeks ago, right after the snow melted away. Poor thing was really skinny, but it tasted great, possibly because all its fat had been burned while there was snow. I don't know about squirrels though, never had one.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I likes em straight off the spit ;)
5y7a2ada.jpg

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Isn't hare rare these days? If they are should you be eating them? Think that I've only seen 2 my whole life.

Wasn't Wirral where they held that famous hare coursing event? Before it got banned that is.

A pub near pooley bridge used to serve grey squirrel. It was in an area that was where two expanding grey populations were expected to join, wiping out red populations. Or at least that was what a local wildlife group was claiming. Never tried it though.

Depends where you are really I guess, we had a few in that particular location so I took one for the pot. This was easily a year ago now. I know the numbers haven't suffered. I'd not be taking them regularly though.

As for coursing I have absolutely no idea, I only just recently moved there. Though I seem to spend the majority of my time in the North Sea these days...

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE