Green Outdoor Tipi 6 Hemp/Cotton

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rod

On a new journey
PICT0017.jpg

Without porch or inner tent

PICT0022.jpg

With porch

These babies were being shown at The Wilderness Gathering by a company based up nr Northampton.

The T6 in Hemp cotton is priced at £600 ex delivery. It comes with a full inner tent/groundsheet and the porch for that price: so if you are looking for a tipi this is extremely good value.

• It sleeps 6
  • Tipi & inner weigh about 50 lbs
  • porch comes in a separate bag and weighs about 20lbs
  • Outer can be pitched in less than 15 mins
  • porch can be put on in about 15 mins
  • Is available in a recycled polyester material also (with inner & porch for £650)
  • this company only uses recycled/green materials to make its products
  • tipi has taped seams and becomes properly weather tight once it has been rained on and then dried outdoors - au natural so to speak.
  • can be used with a fire bowl or similar. Would suggest burning charcoal. Open rim of top hat vent and one of upper side vents to create up-draught to remove any smoke. Warm and cosy though
  • the top hat can be snugged down to keep all heat in/rain etc out.

I think this is a top product, I have looked at several different designs before picking this one. When you add in the inner & porch it is really excellent value for money.

The porch is truely cavernous, you could loose a whole army of bushcrafters in it ;)

Green have more facts, figures & pics on their website http://www.greenoutdoor.co.uk/

I haven't yet had a proper sleep out in this yet as I have only just bought it, but will post that in the next couple of weeks. I have used it in windy conditions at a local outdoor show. It behaved impeccably!

hope this is of interest

Hi im thinking of buying this tipi - i think the tentipi is way to expensive ..and was looking at a bison tundra 8 ... but this one seems to have many great details ...but wonder about quality ...seems very very cheap ...

Is it possible to have a fire with the floor installed - i does not look like that ...

Did some one try this ???

Brian

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I saw these at the WG myself, and was very impressed!
I hope they are there again this year this looks like good kit.
Thanks Rod.
Chris.

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
That looks like a nce tipi.

Hi im thinking of buying this tipi - i think the tentipi is way to expensive ..and was looking at a bison tundra 8 ... but this one seems to have many great details ...but wonder about quality ...seems very very cheap ...

Is it possible to have a fire with the floor installed - i does not look like that ...

Did some one try this ???

Brian

Bell tents are generally a bit cheaper than the canvas tipi alternatives, and you could certainly get a wood burner in one. My mates got this one: http://www.belltent.co.uk/index.php?...&products_id=3 Its its very nice. Not the highest possible quality in terms of fittings - the guys are the same as the ones you'd get on your average synthetic tent, and its made in China, but its not bad. And its £300. Worth checking out this style of tent if you're in the market for a canvas jobby. Its nice that you can roll up the walls and have a nice airy space.

I

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Jason was using one at the Bushcraft Magazine May day meet this weekend. Unfortunatly he pitched it down hill of a spring..... When Kent got its down pour ALL day sunday the Spring decided to erupt and ended up flowing under his tipi! All inside stayed dry though so yes the quality is good!

Yes silly me:cool:as Bard said inside was bone dry this tipi is top of it's game in my opiniongoodjob

Ohh ... very interesting you should not have any pictures from the inside ...the pictures on the sales website are not ehmm so detailed :) ... is the bottom zipped on the outer/main tent .. I plan to use it with out inner...most of the time and have a fire inside :)

What about the windows are these made by pvc or just a "hole" ..difficult to see on the photos ...

What about adjusting the tophat - from inside ..outside ?

I must admit im quite keen on buying one of these - i mean a tentip with floor would be 1000-1200 £ ...and this is 499 £ seem like a good deal ...
but not much info on the web ..are these very new ...

Also all the front extension possibilities are pretty cool ....

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Ohh ... very interesting you should not have any pictures from the inside ...the pictures on the sales website are not ehmm so detailed :) ... is the bottom zipped on the outer/main tent .. I plan to use it with out inner...most of the time and have a fire inside :)

What about the windows are these made by pvc or just a "hole" ..difficult to see on the photos ...

What about adjusting the tophat - from inside ..outside ?

I must admit im quite keen on buying one of these - i mean a tentip with floor would be 1000-1200 £ ...and this is 499 £ seem like a good deal ...
but not much info on the web ..are these very new ...

Also all the front extension possibilities are pretty cool ....
Send them an email

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
I have had experience of dealing with the guys at Green Outdoor and would highly recommend them. Their customer service is superb and the quality of the tents I have is really very good. I did a review (in this section somewhere) on their Campfire Tent and was so impressed I bought the smaller pyramid style tent for the motorbike.
Just a very satisfied customer, no affiliation with the company etc etc

Regards

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE