Greater or Lesser Spotted? (Warning dead bird)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
We felled a tree last summer (for safety reasons) and while I was de-limbing it I found this little fella in one of the crevices.

He is very dried out so can't see for definite if it's a Greater or Lesser. He seems very small.

Hoping someone with more knowledge has an idea!

http://imgur.com/a/QnNcc

Bonus: here is a video of the tree being dropped. Dead Beech that seemed to completely disintegrate on impact!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Am I alone in thinking there is something a tad incongruous and frankly frightening in the need to post a "dead bird" warning on a site dealing in the Great Outdoors or is this a further indication that so much of bushcraft today takes place ftom the warmth of a Starbucks and c/o an I-Pad?

K

Am I alone in thinking there is something a tad incongruous and frankly frightening in the need to post a "dead bird" warning on a site dealing in the Great Outdoors or is this a further indication that so much of bushcraft today takes place ftom the warmth of a Starbucks and c/o an I-Pad?

K

Better safe than sorry! for the sake of writing two words, I'd sooner not start an argument.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

K

The reason things like hunting & firearms have to be kept in Fair Game & the author of this thread did take the time to post it up is that many folk will look at BUCK at work or sometimes at school. Many institutions would find certain things unacceptable and will either filter us out or block us all together. As it is I regularly have to talk to/email the folk who run the internet access in my local library as they say that some of the content isn't suitable.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I'd go for young greater, the tail feathers are still coming out of their sheaths. Lessers are about sparrow sized.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE