Goretex Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I went looking for a link to Slioch and found they've become Firemore, so another vote there :D

HWMBLT has been wearing a heavyweight Slioch goretex jacket for over 20 years. Only this last wee while has the seam sealant tape come adrift on the hood.

It's been worth every penny.
M

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I think the lady who owns the company will do what you wish. Slioch used to do all sorts of modifications for the blokes on the MRT. Don't forget to post a picture if you get a smock made.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Slioch made to measure and altered or added as requested. It wasn't cheap but it's been well worth the money. I had ordered trousers in the same heavy fabric for HWMBLT and the lady phoned me to discuss this since she felt it wasn't a very good idea, that the next weight down would be much more comfortable in wear, etc., said that it was still hardwearing enough for the Mountain Rescue teams, so we went with that. It was the right choice and it was good of her to phone; saved me £30 too doing it in the lighter stuff.

M

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Second hand Swazi Tahr? The old versions were Gore Tex. It's likely a few will be coming on the market now Swazi have finally released a version with pockets, so the cold-handed may decide to upgrade.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE