Good places for bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

theorsmeister

At my house I have quite a substantial woods, but I am moving and will no longer have this place to camp out with friends and learn new skills.

Does anyone know areas that you can legally wild camp in and practise bushcraft.

The larger and less touched the better.

Cheers

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
You don't say where you are moving to. It'll make a difference. There's nowhere much in England where you can wild camp legally, but Scotland has possibilities.

Eric

M

marcja

I've not had too many problems with wild camping anywhere (mainly in national parks when I'm on a multi-day trail). Just remember to stay out the way of houses, roads, dont go harrassing the animals etc. Don't go making fires unless you have the landowners permission to do so. Most of all if you are asked to move on do it. Most landowners that can see you are responsible i.e. a camp which is being kept very clean and no damage being caused to the surroundings are happy to let you stay.

Though this is just my experience, don't go taking my word for it!

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE