Good folding work bench?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
Is there any such thing? had a few that weren't worth the bother of setting them up, didn't clamp the work properly etc. can anyone recommend a decent one?

cheers
Matt

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
we have a very old black and decker workbench in the shed, its great, alomost entirely made from metal, not like the new ones that are all plastic. see if you can get a decent old style one maybe? other than that, you may be limited to what your going to be able to get

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Black and Decker workmate....ours has wooden top boards though, not metal.
We've had it for a heck of a number of years though.

cheers,
Toddy

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I bought a cheap workmate copy from Screwfix years ago. The chipboard/MDF tops didn't last long so I replaced them with 6x2 - makes for a heavy and sturdy workbench. I use it for chainsawing logs on as the winding mechanism is rusted up & it doesn't fold any more but I'd buy another & mod in the same way should the need arise

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have a workmate which is some 30yrs old, but I do find it a bit low when I'm leaning over it for any period so I put 4" blocks underneath each leg. My wife has the Stanley version which is higher & has wheels.

Rob

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
My dad has had his for 40 years or so still going strong, I have had mine 15 and its still going. I dont think there is much ou there to beat them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE