Good firesteels Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com

Hello all, just received a pair of firesteels this morning that I ordered from Ebay, They were on offer for a silly price but they were so cheap that I thought that they were worth a punt, and I was right!

They aren't quite as good as a LMF but they work as well as my other cheap firesteel (Karrimor) and to put it bluntly, as long as they start the fire, what's in a name??

They are supplied with a striker that works fine but they also work quite nicely with my Mora.

No connection yadda yadda other than a satisfied customer.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SWEDISH-FIRE-STARTER-FIRE-STEEL-MAGNESIUM-FIRE-STARTER-/290498025306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43a308175a#ht_1973wt_1139

or for a pair for almost the same price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-SWEDISH-FIRE-STARTER-FIRE-STEEL-MAGNESIUM-STRIKER-/290498027916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43a308218c#ht_1973wt_1139

HTH

Sean

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
good find Sean

cant go wrong there,....

i hear what you say about the name ,...but using the same striker, just put it alongside your LMF and see the difference,...

i think the LMF feels to "bite" more and give off more of a shower,...

but still a good find,...in fact i got two on the way!! hahah

cheers

Stu

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
good find Sean

cant go wrong there,....

i hear what you say about the name ,...but using the same striker, just put it alongside your LMF and see the difference,...

i think the LMF feels to "bite" more and give off more of a shower,...

but still a good find,...in fact i got two on the way!! hahah

cheers

Stu

I have an old firesteel (Fireflash?) that I paid a lot for a looooooong time a go that is simply amazing (I think it contain some form of solid Napalm or something similar...) but I needed some more firesteels for different kit bags and haven't got a big budget, so these were a decent find for the money

thanks for the thoughts

Sean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE