Good cooking equipment not available in UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Well, I haven't had a problem with the seal of the rivet. As the holes are way up by the rim of the lid (and I never fill to that level) it hasn't caused me a problem so far. I guess if you overfill or forget a pot of boiling water you may get a little seepage through the holes, I tend to use a rule of thumb of never going over the half way mark.

Oh yeah - good point! :rolleyes: :D

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Import duty and VAT for a start.
With all the comments about the tatonka prices I was expecting huge cost, but rrp for the 1l is £12.50. Sure there are cheaper alternatives, but I was lead to believe these were a good quality product.

Seems quite a reasonable price to me.

I think Tatonka could have it.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The 18-10 and 18-8 stainless steel is practically bomb-proof and very corrosion resistant even in salt water conditions.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
but how does that favour zebra? tatonka, cabelas etc. are also doing their cookware in 18/10 or 18/8.

it is time to admit once again that the zebra brand has got a boost much thanks to RM. honestly, without his show, how many would even know of the brand?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
it is time to admit once again that the zebra brand has got a boost much thanks to RM. honestly, without his show, how many would even know of the brand?

That can't be far from the truth for most, personally I only heard about it from this forum!:rolleyes:
Oh and I don't know what make the billy cans on RM's website are but it doesn't mention Zebra!

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
That can't be far from the truth for most, personally I only heard about it from this forum!:rolleyes:
Oh and I don't know what make the billy cans on RM's website are but it doesn't mention Zebra!

I don't think he ever says what make they are - if no one knows, they can't go source them somewhere else. ;)

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Stew, I just realised, your in Cheshunt...if you wanted to take a look at that pot bodge, I mean sophisticated adaption you could always take a 10 minute drive up the road!

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Thanks Mick. Not too worried as I think I have the idea down now just too many other things to do first. :rolleyes:

I had seen your location earlier. There's actually quite a few of us in the area on here and BB. We just need to find somewhere suitable for moots but I've ha no luck so far.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Doesn't mention the brand name in the billy descriptions but if you have a look at the short tripod the game is given away :D Please note these tripods are not suitable for use in conjunction with our Zebra Billy Can range.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I quite like the look of the other billy can he uses in his earlier programmes which has a wire loop on the lid. I found the 10 and 12 cm Zebra could do with being a tad longer which those cans looc like they are. No idea of the brand name on them though, but it was what I was looking for ages back when I started using this style of kit. That is what all of this is at the end of the day, a style of equipment is chosen and used. Again, why buy something that may not work when you have umpteen blokes telling you that this particular brand does work? I will trust any kit that Ray uses as he will get a lot more use out of his kit than most of us here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE