Golite Shangrila 3 (hex)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I bought one on here last year but haven't used it yet, I bought a Trailstar at the same time and stuck with that.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Had mine a while now and it's my favourite of my tents by far. I use the full mesh interior with it.

Easy to pitch and put away, takes up little room in my pack. It's got masses of room in it for me and the dog (I'm 5'11" and puppy is a Lab).

It's light and airy inside, with or without the nest. I've used it in just about every weather condition we get in Scotland from snow to torrential rain and serious wind and never had a problem.

trying hard to think of something bad to say about it :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Had one and sold it to a mate- a big mistake as I loved it, just didn't like the full nest in the rain... Now I know about oookworks!

Anyways, I think I'm in the market for a Trailstar I think, with an oookworks inner... :)

Sorry, didn't mean to digress... The Hex is a great tent and if I saw one for a good price Id be sorely tempted again!

KP

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Inners is for p00fters wot would not last 5 minutes up the jungle!

windsor-davies_01_446.jpg

Although I do use a bathtub groundsheet :eek:

Does anyone use theirs in conjuction with a tarp? I'd be interested in the configuration.

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have a Hex 3 which I use without the inner and really rate it. Light, roomy, easy to pitch, very stable in wind. One thing though, if you are over six foot then stretching out for some shuteye means rubbing up against the tent walls.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Rich, I have a..................arghhhhhhhhh whats the name of that really light stuff that the SUL guys were using for tarps........ But it makes a noise like a crisp packet :(.... So I prefer some comfort, what with getting older and everything.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I have a Hex 3 which I use without the inner and really rate it. Light, roomy, easy to pitch, very stable in wind. One thing though, if you are over six foot then stretching out for some shuteye means rubbing up against the tent walls.

Only if you peg it right down to the ground, I always use the nest insert and raise the tent two or three inches and thats room enough for my little 6' 3"or4" (when he stands straight) lad to not touch any walls.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE