Gloves for around Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'm accustomed to wearing any one of a number of styles of "work gloves" made by Watson.
I like the plain deerskin leather ropers when it's cold. Just about anything else for broken wood with slivers.

For wood carving, mallet work, I found some gray/chrome-tanned leather with a cotton cloth liner.
Cold steel, hand grime, warmth and some welcome relief from vibration are additional reasons.
My hands are starting (?) to show some arthritis. The gloves bulk up tool handles, less of a pinching motion to hold them.

I don't believe that expensive gloves are worth the money.
Cheap ones, replace them, use the old ones for a dirty job.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I use lined leather driving gloves. I'll see I'd I can find a link

And I used unlined leather driving gloves :)

I'm pretty sure they were these ones : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Ge...r=8-1&keywords=unlined+driving+gloves+leather

Thick enough to handle pots (quickly anyway, they ain't welders gloves!), but leather so you can handle hot stuff including burning things (always touching the fire). They're thin enough to keep dexterity, with the extra benefit of no lining meaning no pong & they dry fast.

Mine have only now started dying and I've used them pretty solid for a year.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Double leather reinforced palm rigger gloves for me. Cheap, tough and you can hold hot items if you need to. I don't use them for that much, so I can't warrant buying expensive ones that are probably no better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE