Glencoe winter meet - 13-18th Feb 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
I like the thought of this; can't remember when I was last North of the border. Won't know until much nearer the time if I can make it or not but have just invested £2.50 on a Manchester/Glasgow return with Megabus, on spec.

Keep an eye on Citykink Bus they do a deal about February, I got up and down last year for £4. same company that owns Megabus.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Keep an eye on Citykink Bus they do a deal about February, I got up and down last year for £4. same company that owns Megabus.

Ta muchley for suggestions but train it has to be, can't get there without frightful faff any other way; Hereford is very out of the way for buses! Scotrail do good deal for Hereford-Fort William which I hope to be able to get in just over a week's time. Looks ok (snow depending!) to get from FW to Glencoe by bus - shop at village stores, then catch Ali's Taxi up to Claghaig. Hope they do haggis in the shop ... and milk!

I'll be at Red Squirrel on the Friday night and leave on the Monday morning. Will have the kettle on for you when you arrive.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I plan to arrive Friday early pm and leave Sunday late AM.

Really looking forward to this, and trying out my new down socks!!!

magpiewolf

Nov 10, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I'm getting in on this thread a bit late maybe but if the roads are open from the east coast I'll try and get over - I'll be coming through FW and can pick up/drop off at the station, Elen.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I'm getting in on this thread a bit late maybe but if the roads are open from the east coast I'll try and get over - I'll be coming through FW and can pick up/drop off at the station, Elen.

Likewise from me Elen, depending on which of us is passing FW closest to your arrival, assuming the roads are open.

Magpiewolf, depending on practicalities, (who's got the biggest boot!) do you want a lift ?

KP

magpiewolf

Nov 10, 2012
Aberdeenshire
KP - I'll be driving 3.5 ton luton van (need the room for my dogs) but your offer much appreciated! Alas only 1 legal passenger seat so can't return the invitation but tons of room to carry kit if anyone needs an assist.

Don't worry, I'll probably hang if I don't use a tent, not go soft in the van :D

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hope someone else is coming as I just bought my ultra-cheap train tickets to Fort William. I'll be at Red Squirrel, with Magpiewolf, on Fri evening. As train get into FW at 16.09 I spect we'll get to the camp site by 18.00. KP, I think you said you'd be there Fri ??? Put kettle on if you're there before us ... a wee dram would be good too
:camping::campfire::coffee:

PS - Will people be bringing their choppers? Would like to look as hope to get some sort of chopper next year, had all sorts of good advice/opinions on my billhooks & hatchets post but feel I need to see and (if possible) hold the things to know what I need.

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Elen, would you like to re-phrase your last paragraph before Paul (Bare Thrills) adopts and immortalises it??
:lmao:

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I'm still planning to make it but won't know until nearer as I've some unexpected outgoings this month and might well have to work that weekend :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE