german para boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
after haveing freezing cold toes again the other day iv faced the fact that my matterhorns are to narrow for me :( but iv found these boots

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/flccb1aa.html

http://www.meanandgreen.com/army/German_Army/German_Para_Boot_-_Super_Grade/510/833.html
(i wont be buying of the net i just used them for the pics)

they are high leg boots (which i prefer and need as i will be useing them for army cadets aswell) and have stitch down soles which can be resoled. they are leather lined with no gore-tex. i also now think goretex is over rated after haveing matterhorns lol, lots of polish works just as well.
they look well made and a good boot but what do you think? has anyone had any experience with these boots?

pete

These are the modern version of the classic German para boots as favoured by bikers everywhere! These are probably the best produced army gen issue army boot made by any country in my opinion. (Far better than any boots the brits have produced so far...)
I wore the origionals through the eighties and ninties and you will be hard pushed to find a more comfortable harder wearing boot than this however, be aware that most of these boots come in a huge tea box and you usually have to rake through these boxes to find a pair that a/ fits and b/ has some sole left to be servicable. They were available new in some outlets and if I could find them new I would buy a pair.

WS

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I own a pair of those, but I prefer my meindl para pro ( meindl army pro) over them. Don't get me wrong, they are a greap pair of boots though. The Dutch army has had a contract break with their former boot supliers, so it has switched to the new germand combat boot. I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard first hand they work great. picture:

haixnl7.jpg

I sometimes find them on a dutch marketplace ( like e-bay) for around 50 quid. Pm me if you're interested and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers!

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
Thats the new model 2005 combat boot, made by Haix.
I have used two pairs of the old model 2000.
But i'm not too much into haix (got one pair thats a bit too soft for my liking), so I have my doubts about the new model 2005. Especially the civilian retail price of 160eur, makes a pair of Lowa Combat seem more attractive (at 220eur).

One thing I really like about the german boot, is that the size is not only in length but also width. So buying them off the net is a bad idea. But if you get them in a store and get the right size, they will fit like a dream!
I have had great experiences with the model 2000.

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
I own a pair of them and I love them, my only fault is they take forever to lace up due to the hook, cost a tenner in size fourteen at a surplus store near me and its the best tenner I've everspent

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
ill definately have a look into some of these, i think they sell them in a local army surplus. as for the new 2005 boots im not sure i like the sound of them made by haix. i have a pair of haix chainsaw boots and i was doing a job with colege neer where i live so i walked there rather than going all the way to colege and back again. it was probably a mile and a half walk and i got blisters from them! they are briliant work boots but there not made for walking.

pete

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Had a pair for years finally died though.
Sizing should be ok I take an eight and they fit ok.
Got to say though not sure how far I would like to walk in them bit heavy for me and an ar** to lace up....bomb proof yes!
Now one thing is get them with good soles if issued as they can cost £30+ for replacement Vibrham soles. Good cheap army boot IMHO
Dave

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
One thing I really like about the german boot, is that the size is not only in length but also width. So buying them off the net is a bad idea. But if you get them in a store and get the right size, they will fit like a dream!
I have had great experiences with the model 2000.

I bought a pair off 2000 pattern German para boots in a UK size 6 ( 255 German military size/ 39 or maybe 40 European size ) off t'internet:why: and they're too wide:11doh: :banghead: ....anyone want to swap for a narrow pair?:dunno: :thanks:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE