gerber lmf ii

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Tried to do a forum search for reveiws from forum users on this knife, do an of you own one, I do, but I dont plan to use it untill I start a trek, a pretty long one.

Perhaps someone here owns one and has a review for it?
Maybe if its got weak spots, or should I sharpen it prior to leaving et. Or should I leave it home and opt for adifferent knife, if so what knife. Or maybe just worry about taking that and a usual back up.
Hoping to only use it rarely anyway, actually thinking about it, ill probably just have tied to my thigh anyway without any use or need for it.

Ive read mixed reveiws but nearly all from american sites, they probably tackle gators with theirs lol.

All I know is the knife feels so good in the hand.

Thanks
Adam

320ccc

Jan 25, 2012
USA
i've used one for an afternoon...don't own one.

it's good enough. better than many of the new gerbers.

why not just take it out and play with it.

see if YOU like it.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Hi matey
i have one and I love it but then that's just me. It does everything I have asked from it from food prep to feathering building shelters and it takes a real battering and still smiles at you. Obviously it is a big knife and I have had a few strange looks at camp meets with a Lara croft style strapped to your thigh but we a few others played with it it was enjoyed. Not everyone's cup of tea but take it out use and abuse it you won't be disappointed. Not much of a review but just my opinion. Let us know when you get back if you do decide to take it
all the best
Rick

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Hi matey
i have one and I love it but then that's just me. It does everything I have asked from it from food prep to feathering building shelters and it takes a real battering and still smiles at you. Obviously it is a big knife and I have had a few strange looks at camp meets with a Lara croft style strapped to your thigh but we a few others played with it it was enjoyed. Not everyone's cup of tea but take it out use and abuse it you won't be disappointed. Not much of a review but just my opinion. Let us know when you get back if you do decide to take it
all the best
Rick

Yeah I think im going to have to play around with it, the sheath im not keen on, may have to find someone to custom me a eather sheath

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Not full tang but very capable tool you won't go far wrong but the .bg is more sivvie looking and as hillbill says the same but cheaper knife .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, they aint totally identical, but a review of the bear grylls knife will be a good comparison to the LMF 2 and more ready available i expect. :)

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Looks like this seasons bear grylls folder knives have taken the similar form of the previous model of the ultimate you posted

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE