Gelert Solo One Man Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
A slight trick i think they missed with this tent is there is no way to tightening the sloping sides of the inner, especially the rear/head slope, it sags a bit too much for my liking so i think there is going to be my first tweak.
Just a thought you might be able to attatch a fixing point/loop to the outside of the inner half way along the slope/where sags, then lead a cord from that point to one of the tent pegs and tie it so it's taught.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Just a thought you might be able to attatch a fixing point/loop to the outside of the inner half way along the slope/where sags, then lead a cord from that point to one of the tent pegs and tie it so it's taught.

That's what i was thinking of doing, that or simply using a small square of velco and stick it to the inner/inside of the outter.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I have a solo but gave it to a friend without ever opening it. Not for any neg reason, simply because for an extra 500 grams I went for the Avior x3 from Coleman. Easy to pitch, inner is already attached to outer ( but still detachable) and masses of room inside.

Not for backpacking at 3 kg but the solo isn't either IMO at 2.5kg.

I'm still looking for a lighter solution but I'd probably stick to a tarp and exped mat.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.204449,-0.286624

Randall

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Peak District
If it doesn't work out I think the Coelman Libra X1 is in a similar price bracket but probs about 500g heavier. Good luck with the gelert. I'm in the market for a new tent so will be good to hear what you make of it.
Happy camping.

I'll back the Coleman tents. I've got a Kraz X1 and it's done a good job on the few occasions I've used it. Even stood up to a horse attack. A group of horses came up to camp at 6am and one of them shoved its hoof into the flysheet (multiple times) and must've put some weight onto it because the tent poles bent slightly. It also stood up to very strong winds at Lands End. Overall very pleased with it.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have one and it fits inside one of the side pockets on my Breghaus Centrino, I also carry a Hammock & tarp incase. I find that I can get all the kit I require for 2-4 days camping. I find that the weight issue that a lot of people go on about is a bit strange. I know you can go further and quicker with less weight but a couple of oz is not here or there. I know the lightweight crowd will be up in arms over this but each to their own eh! For a small decrease in weight you could change pegs & leave out the bags for the poles & the stuff sack. to me this would be unnoticeable. They are a great little cheap tent like all thing there are some really expensive one too.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
That's what i was thinking of doing, that or simply using a small square of velco and stick it to the inner/inside of the outter.
Could work quite nicley but might become detatched in wind and with the inner touching the outer condensation may find its way into the inner.
Either way have fun!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE