Friday Fun ( Pic Heavy )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
Unfortunately ( or fortunate in this case ) due to the economic downturn ( Don't mention the R word :eek: ), my work has been on a 4 day week since going back in the New Year.
It means we get Friday off.

Having done all the chores I was given when SHMBO heard the news, and it having snowed on Thursday, I decided to go for a walk up to Cairn Greg. An old burial mound.

Turbine1.jpg

I headed off along the cycle path past the Wind Turbines and breakers yard

path2.jpg

and along the path to the open countryside.

wren4.jpg

Not a lot of wildlife about but I did see a wren.

burn9.jpg

Over the burn.

Ash10.jpg

Ash seeds in the sunlight.

cairngregg7.jpg

Cairn Greg, my destination, in the centre.

FarmTrack11.jpg

Around a field and onto the farm track

Track13.jpg

It used to lead to the Big House ( why its lined with beach trees ) but thats been knocked down.

mossandice15.jpg

Snow and Moss on the wall

hill16.jpg

Looking over to Craigowl Hill

view18.jpg

Christmas card scene

fencepost19.jpg

Tree stump

cairngregg22.jpg

Cairn Greg

dundee21.jpg

View East over Dundee. The Law Hill in the centre.

hills24.jpg

View North East

hills25-1.jpg

View North

brewtime27.jpg

Time for a brew

me27.jpg

Me posing in the snow

heron31.jpg

To end a good day off, I got a picture of a Heron on the way home.

A fine day out due to unfortunate events :)

Long Stride

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Nice pics, ive never walked up there might take the dog that way some time soon.

Good fresh air helps clear the gills, is hard walking in that snow to.

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Long Stride,
Some great pictures brought about by a bad turn of events. I wont try to rationalise your situation but thanks for sharing a lovely part of the world and a cracking days weather.
ATB & hope the five days returns soon.

Great pics, I have fond memories of the countryside coming back. I love your pics, it looks great in the big white. Dundee even looks pretty! :)
I lived to the left of Craigowl on Kinpurney hill with the old observatory on the top on the Newtyle Road and I've spent many an hour tramping over slopes and fields there surveying for badgers and other furry and feathery creatures in those parts. Have you tried a night in the old woods behind Craigowl yet or on top of Lundie Crags? Some great countryside up there for pottering about in. (Although I once managed Templeton Woods- I wouldn't reccomend a night in there! :eek: )

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Some nice pics there, and proper snow! Ours has all but gone now. The most striking I noticed in your pictures...an extremely shiney pot! Mine hasn't been like that since it was new! Well done!

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
Thanks for all the comments.

Woodsmoke, I have spent the night in the woods behind Craigowl but never Templeton Woods ( I have heard that they are worse now - some people do some strange things in the woods ).

I gave my billy can an early spring clean so it looks rather good in the sunlight.

pot2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Long Stride

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE