Fresh bread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I make sourdough bread once or twice a week. This batch and the temperature aligned to create a beauty.
There wasn't much left after others in the house discovered it.

I was inspired to try a wild garlic and green olive foccaccia, for a change, finished with smoked sea salt.

I think it will do well with morcilla and some form of egg for lunch. Perhaps a green salad.
IMG-20240414-WA0001.jpeg

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
That looks great.
I make my own white bread and use the same recipe for buns. Mine isn’t sourdough.
That focaccia looks tasty - you might have inspired me to make some.

I’m working on a project to make a bread oven out of a 16cm Zebra pot for use on a camp fire.

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My guts no longer tolerate gluten :sigh:

It's one of life's great sadnesses, because good bread is a pleasure, it really is, and gluten free bread is dire.

Good on you making your own bread, it looks lovely, it sounds brilliant and I'm sure it's going to be so tasty.

Good bread, bit of cheese and an apple, or olive oil and balsamic vinegar....meal in itself :)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Well that was expensive!!! Prompted by your post (it was lunchtime) I cut myself a wedge of bread and glugged the last of the olive oil into a bowl.
Then I ordered another two litres - shock! I didn’t know you needed a mortgage to buy the stuff nowadays.

It’s not my fault, @Brizzlebush and @Toddy made me! I’m going to have to make focaccia.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Wow. you just reminded me that I used to make my own bread many years ago. I forgot about that. I used to buy fresh yeast in the local shop/ The house always smelt like a bakery. wonderful effort from you and a good historical effort from me xxx

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well that was expensive!!! Prompted by your post (it was lunchtime) I cut myself a wedge of bread and glugged the last of the olive oil into a bowl.
Then I ordered another two litres - shock! I didn’t know you needed a mortgage to buy the stuffnowadays.

It’s not my fault, @Brizzlebush and @Toddy made me! I’m going to have to make focaccia.
You know all those wonderful herbs that are just coming out again ?
You can make really tasty, and beautiful, foccacia using those.... :)

1713111323933.png

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE