FREE books!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

was this post usefull?

• Total voters

carnegos

Nov 18, 2009
Kernow
www.rafdavidstowmoor.org
Just found this eBook online for free at Project Gutenberg. You can read it here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17093

Book Name and Author:
Camp Life In The Woods And The Tricks Of Trapping And Trap Making
By W. HAMILTON GIBSON

Containing:
COMPREHENSIVE HINTS ON CAMP SHELTER, LOG HUTS, BARK SHANTIES, WOODLAND BEDS AND BEDDING, BOAT AND CANOE BUILDING, AND VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS ON TRAPPERS' FOOD, ETC. WITH EXTENDED CHAPTERS ON THE TRAPPER'S ART, CONTAINING ALL THE "TRICKS" AND VALUABLE BAIT RECIPES OF THE PROFESSION; FULL DIRECTIONS FOR THE USE OF THE STEEL TRAP, AND FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF TRAPS OF ALL KINDS; DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CAPTURE OF ALL FUR-BEARING ANIMALS; VALUABLE RECIPES FOR THE CURING AND TANNING OF FUR SKINS, ETC., ETC.

May 28, 2009
UK
This is a really good site I think that not many people have seen before-------

http://www.woodcraftwanderings.org/

SITE INTRO- I’ve started this website as a means of sharing my experiences of woodcraft. As a child I always had an interest in nature and the country side, growing up on the east coast of Norfolk, figure 0.0. Mostly dunes (marram grass and heather), scrub and woodland (willow, birch and oak), inhabited by rabbits, adders, natterjack toads and sand lizards. I’m definitely a novice when it comes to woodcraft skills, but, that’s the point of this web page, to provide a record of the things that work for me and perhaps to try and fill in some of those frustrating, missing steps not mentioned in the books on this subject. The sections in this website are in order of significance, however, this is highly dependent on environment and circumstances e.g. a person can’t last more than a few days without water, however, fire is needed to purify water and without a knife its difficult to produce fire. Alternatively, without shelter or fire the effects of hypothermia may be more of an immediate danger than lack of water. Therefore, the first three sections are equally significant. Tip, any undertaking should be based on experience and knowledge of the tasks involved and a real assessment of the risks and levels of physical fitness, skills required. I would like to thank the Woodsmoke and Woodlore instructors and the people I’ve meet on my travels as without their input and guidance this website would not be possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE