Foraging UK, help needed.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I am in the process of building a database of research about foraging and wild food in the UK. It would be a lifetime job to visit all the possible nooks and crannies of Wales, Scotland and England to find out what goodies can be found. So by getting a general overview of what is to be found in your areas I hope to be able to put something together.

I am particularly interested in knowing what edible plants can be found but also what local delicacies are popular in your part of the country, (for example Laverbread is popular in my neck of the woods).

It would also be really good to hear about what wild Game can be found at various times of the year.

It does not have to be in the countryside either, if you know of an old industrial site that has a lot of Blackberries or wild Strawberries it would be great to include it.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Hi Bushbasher

Are you looking for information such as "In my county you can forage for XX at this time of year"

Or..."At XXX carpark you can find XXX at this time of year - round the back of the Land of Leather" etc. etc.

The only reason I ask is that my foraging spots have taken me ages to find and I'm sorry if its selfish but I would hate to advertise it to the general population as there would likely be nothing left when I visit those spots.

Marts

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
I kind of agree with Marts on this (selfish as we are). Happy to offer other details - just not specific locations (especially not to my secret diamond mine). :rolleyes:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Mantic said:
Happy to offer other details - just not specific locations (especially not to my secret diamond mine). :rolleyes:

Cooooool! :D - would that be a mine with secret diamonds in it I assume.......

i'll get my coat! :eek:

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
Gerrofff my mmmmmmiiiiiiinnnne!

Actually a nearby wood was full of cramp balls but some annoying twonk has been smacking them off the trees.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
oh btw, sorry for hijacking your thread with ( albiet comical) drivel BB

But back to the point and echoing the comments earlier I think a 'this can be found in this area' list may be appropriate but a you can find this here is impractical (even though i'll track down that pesky Mantic's mine if it's the last thing i do!:cussing: )

I wasn't looking for specific locations. I am just as protective over my Ben and Jerry Tree as you are over your Diamond mine.

I am just looking for information on the general locations and what can be found there. Just for example... Wild Strawberries are starting to turn up here in south Wales, are there any in Scotland yet? That sort of thing.

It will also be good to hear what you guys have made using wild ingredients.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE