Flint

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
I have been around the local builders merchants trying with no luck to get hold of some flint. Do any of you good people out there know where i can buy some pieces in the South Wales area. Any help gratefully recieved.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I have been around the local builders merchants trying with no luck to get hold of some flint. Do any of you good people out there know where i can buy some pieces in the South Wales area. Any help gratefully recieved.

A little patience Hiraeth,
If you can get along to the summer moot, John and Will Lord will be leaving several hundred-weight of flint shards after all their knapping. Just collect a pocket full once all the classes have finished - though the offer of something in trade is always appreciated.

ATB

Ogri the trog

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hiraeth,

How much do you need? We have pieces from 10mm to ~200mm in the fields around us. If I get out this weekend I will get you some for the cost of the postage.

Cheers,
Steve

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
A little patience Hiraeth,
If you can get along to the summer moot, John and Will Lord will be leaving several hundred-weight of flint shards after all their knapping. Just collect a pocket full once all the classes have finished - though the offer of something in trade is always appreciated.

ATB

Ogri the trog

it would help i know if i had patience but with the imminent arrival expected of a striker from Mike Ameling i am desperate for some to play with if you get my drift. But i am looking foreward to the summer moot though.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
it would help i know if i had patience but with the imminent arrival expected of a striker from Mike Ameling i am desperate for some to play with if you get my drift. But i am looking foreward to the summer moot though.

Understood,
Thats reason enough to be fidgetting for some flint.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
On a recent walk I came across 2 small piles of flint, looks like farmer put them on the path after ploughing. Do yo think it's ok to HMS

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
A while ago I was in the same boat as you I needed flint, Warthog1981 very kindly sent me some down,Cheers Russ!!.
Anyway after sharing it with my brother and a couple of friends and learning how to knap for our black powder stuff I soon ran out.
I was lucky enough to be invited to stay at a friends house in south wales for a week or two and decided to do some seashore foraging,and was literally falling over the stuff.
So you can't be that far away from some and all the stuff I collected was of exceptional quality.
Mike B...
Failing that PM me your address and I'll send you some bits to get you started.
Mike.

Sorry my mistake my memorys totaly gone on the blink since the stroke.
I've just been on the phone to my mate in Wales where I found the flint, and it's North Wales close to his cottage at Llithfean (spelling?).
But in my experience beaches are the place to look.
Mike B...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE