Flint knapping tools required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I use stones, antler and antler with copper nails set into the point (copper roofing nails from Jewsons)
002-1.jpg

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
yeah I've looked at both site's And I can't find any ,apart from the knapping kit's which I have already,which come with an Antler tine as the pressure flaker,I've got afew tines,But I wanted to get a Brass pressure flaker and or punch and billet.
cheers guy's
I will keep searching the net.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, Guy's well I ordered my Tools,Now I'm looking for the Blade Preforms,as I've heard that there a great way for beginers to start knapping,But and here's the question can you buy the Blade preforms in this country and if yes where from.
any info welcome'd
cheers

Paul W

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 5, 2005
SE London
This is a bit belated as you have already sent off to the US but there are no suppliers of knapping tools in the UK other than the odd bit of antler. However they are very easy to make. I make all my own. I buy copper caps from a wholesaler for a few pennies, all you need then it a bit of wood from the local park and you have a bopper. As for copper rods, some metalwork shops have them, all you need then is some tool handles drilled to different depths.

I could make you some blade preforms no problem.

_sam1310.jpg

pressu10.jpg

Oldwoodyrock

Dec 10, 2012
Pacific Northwest
Have a look at the Puget Sound Knappers web site. I am an active member of this group. We have good tutorials on all types of knapping, and tutorials on making your own tools. For inspiration have a look at our work as well. BTW, I sell obsidian preforms in all the colours in both pressure thickness, and percussion.
Woody

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE